Since I’ve received some hate mail from this recipe, I’ll give the (common sense) disclaimer that these are for a treat and are not something I recommend you have in your daily diet.
Here is my Cinnamon Roasted Almond Recipe.
- 1/2 cup clean water
- 1-2 tablespoons organic cinnamon
- 1 cup coconut palm sugar
- 2 cups soaked raw almonds
- In a saucepan, mix and boil water, cinnamon and sugar
- After it boils, stir in almonds and reduce heat to medium
- Continue stirring mixture for about 25-30 minutes until mixture becomes very chunky
- All liquid must evaporate to cause mixture to crystallize on the almonds
- Immediately after this happens, spread the almonds out on a sheet with aluminum foil or wax paper
- Allow to cool for at least 5 minutes before eating (This is the longest 5 minutes ever!)
Please share with the buttons below!