Cynthia Matzke is a Marine Biologist with a Master of Advanced Studies in Marine Biodiversity and Conservation from the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. She is currently on board with the Algalita Marine Institute’s Project investigating the ocean acidification and plastic pollution accumulation zone between Hawaii and California.
Click here to listen to the show on iTunes where you can listen, download and subscribe to the show.
Click here to listen to the show on Stitcher streaming radio where you can listen and subscribe to the show.
Today we discuss
- What is the goal as a Marine Biologist?
- What is your current mission in the Great Pacific Garbage Patch?
- How bad is the plastic accumulation?
- How do we fix it?
- Are there any solutions?
- What are we supposed to do as an everyday person living out our lives in a city?
- Daily actions we can take to improve the health of our planet
- Cynthia’s Expedition Facebook and the Algalita Marine Institute